Running Virtual Sailor NG in Linux by using Wine.

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
MokMok

Running Virtual Sailor NG in Linux by using Wine.

Post by MokMok »

Virtual Sailor NG can run under Linux by using Wine, a compatibility layer in order to run Windows apps under Linux. To make VS NG run properly in Wine, you have to install Directx9c and disable the winegstreamer.dll by manually adding winegstreamer"="" under section [Software\\Wine\\DllOverrides] in user.reg which is located in the root directory of Virtual Sailor NG's Wine prefix.

After installing and registering Virtual Sailor NG by asking for and entering the key, after installing it under a certain Wine version, you have to register this program again when the Wine prefix in which Virtual Sailor NG runs, has been updated to a newer version of Wine while your PC hardware hasn't been changed. Is there any option to avoid reregistering VSNG after a major update of Wine?
TheLonesomeSkipper

Re: Running Virtual Sailor NG in Linux by using Wine.

Post by TheLonesomeSkipper »

Hi MokMok,

I can recommend Bottles, it uses Wine to run any Windows program. Just look it up in your program manager in whatever Linux-distribution you use :)
Kind Regards,

TheLonesomeSkipper, AKA prev. "saken"

"I sail the seas of the world... alone and proud."
MokMok

Re: Running Virtual Sailor NG in Linux by using Wine.

Post by MokMok »

I use PlayonLinux, another Wine frontend.