Decreasing ship speed

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
Blue710

Decreasing ship speed

Post by Blue710 »

Don´t know what´s going on with VSNG. Ship speed just decreases no matter what I do. Today I Installed the Nickolaos A cargo mod/ship, and also bought the 2500TEU from SIM3D, neither ships will hold the Input speed. Even If I manually Increase speed via the panel (V key), It slowly drops to cero while the throttle Is at 100%. No difference with the Autopilot either, I think It´s even worst!

Running on the lates build of the home site version, and NO I am not on AMD, I am on a Intel chip. Any Ideas?

Thanks

I knew I should have stuck with the moded Age of Pirates! :mrgreen: But man I just wasted some money on some nice looking ships that I can´t even run!
Cheers,

Blue
Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram, AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2), Samsung G6, Logitech G13, G502, TM Warthog HOTAS, Simagic Alpha Mini and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit.
Blue710

Re: Decreasing ship speed

Post by Blue710 »

After doing some testing, I see that the smaller boats do work as they should, In other words speed and throttle work, and so does the AP. So this Is quite strange, at least to me.

I am also getting quite a few CTD´s which never happened before. Not sure If I should just re-Install VSNG, or If that Is going to solve anything. It does look like It´s having stability Issues.

Blue
Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram, AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2), Samsung G6, Logitech G13, G502, TM Warthog HOTAS, Simagic Alpha Mini and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit.
Sailorjohn

Post by Sailorjohn »

Some of us have also encountered the same problem, especially with Axe's wonderful 2500TEUFeeder. It's related to a recent VSNG update which created a 'viscosity level' on the Graphics tab. Viscosity is supposed to slow reaction to control inputs at low speeds; on my PC it was 0.13 by default. I suggest you reduce viscosity to 0.5-0.7 range (slide left), and ships including the 2500 will gradually accelerate as appropriate to throttle setting.

Oops. Mea culpa. Viscosity range should read 0.05-0.07. Ilan says it should be set to 0.01 by default.
Last edited by Sailorjohn on Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue710

Post by Blue710 »

I´ll continue talking to myself :mrgreen:

Seriously, just hope It helps others..

Last night I decided to clean up the mess, what I mean Is that since things could not get worst, I went on and deleted all my user saved situations. I also deleted some boats I knew I wasn't going to use. I then created two new saved situations for two boats. A sail boat (Anna), and a cargo boat (2500TEU Feeder), both from SIM3D, which I will add are absolutely awesome!

So today after my daily duties I fired up VS NG and loaded the 2500 save so as to see If luckily I could get her to run. It didn´t run as It should or one would usually pilot, which was quite a bummer. Instead, I gave her a little push by moving the speed slider a bit and BINGO, she moved gracefully over the sea surface! Autopilot worked and kept the speed, so yes I am a happy skipper now!

Not that It´s the perfect solution, or how you should pilot a cargo vessel, but at least It´s a workaround to being able to enjoy piloting you´re beloved large ships In the high seas. At least till this Is fixed for some of us, as someone mentioned here that he was having a similar Issue but not everybody.

My guess Is that In my case, It could have been a case of bad and/or corrupted saves, or simply a bad case of mis use of the saving procedure. Anyway, I am seaworthy again and hope It gets fixed, and If not this Is of some use to anybody with the same Issue.

Cheers
Blue710

Post by Blue710 »

More solo talk...

I sent IIan a mail with regards to my Issue above some days ago. I received a mail from him yesterday with him suggesting that I lower the viscosity slider to zero for starters. Well that certainly did the trick and now movement Is as expected In cargo vessels ;)

I would not have thought that viscosity would be so thick as to hold back a ship, but In the sim I guess It can. Now we know, and know what slider to be careful with.

In the direction humanity Is going we just might find ourselves with this being a RL Issue If the big corporations don´t change their mindset!

Mr. Papini does seem to be a bit of a visionary. :mrgreen:

Ahoy
Blue710

Post by Blue710 »

Sailorjohn wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:33 pm Some of us have also encountered the same problem, especially with Axe's wonderful 2500TEUFeeder. It's related to a recent VSNG update which created a 'viscosity level' on the Graphics tab. Viscosity is supposed to slow reaction to control inputs at low speeds; on my PC it was 0.13 by default. I suggest you reduce viscosity to 0.5-0.7 range (slide left), and ships including the 2500 will gradually accelerate as appropriate to throttle setting.

Oops. Mea culpa. Viscosity range should read 0.05-0.07. Ilan says it should be set to 0.01 by default.
Hi, and sorry for some reason I missed you´re post!

Anyhow, yes as I stated In my last post, IIan did give me the solution so all Is well now. What I didn´t know Is at what setting I should set the slider at besides zero, and now I know, so thank for that.

Cheers