HD Environment Mod (RELEASE)

Have any old VSF add-on releases? Feel free to put them in here.

HD Environment Mod (RELEASE)

Postby jafergon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:06 am

This mod includes new environment textures and effects updates for Vehicle simulator. The mod is available in 4 versions:

-Standard-Res-Environment_normal. This is the deffault version for normal weather.
-Standard-Res-Environment_bad_weather. This is the deffault version for bad weather.
-HD-Environment_normal. This is the High resolution version for normal weather. Use this version if you have a powerful computer.
-HD-Environment_bad_weather. This is the High resolution version for bad weather. Use this version if you have a powerful computer.

The following effects are updated:

-New low cloud tectures.
-New High cloud textures.
-New stars (realistic size)
-New moon texture.
-New volumetric clouds
-New water spray texture (for wakes and whitecaps)
-New effect textures for rain, hail, bow splash, smoke and snow.
-HD lightning textures.
-New water normal map
-New color_map_txt that changes all environment colors.
-New sun texture
-New environment sounds
-New light beam model and textures

An enabler tool is included (JGSME). The mod also uses a custom ENBseries profile.

Download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?anawe3dp1d1ub0b

ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

Last edited by jafergon on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
jafergon

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: HD Environment Mod (RELEASE)

Postby Sailorjohn » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:40 am

Just downloaded, and preparing to embark upon the 'new' VSF platform. Bravo, Javier...thanks for sharing your talents and artistry with us!
Sailorjohn

Postby Bartolomeus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Fantastic work Jafergon! Thank you for this mod. It's really a must have for VSF. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece!

Marko
Bartolomeus

Postby ron » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi, thanks for that MOD, is superb!

One observation, the original VSF files/textures are overwritten and can't be retrieved back.... I think the VSF_HD_ENVIRONMENT_ENABLER_JSGME.EXE which now points to 4 MODS, should include a fifth one?
Of course the fifth one being the original VSF files you are over writing (mod to be named "original VSF")

I did edit the JSGME.ini file for my VSF installation such:
[JSGME DETAILS]
FullPath=D:\Program Files\Vehicle Simulator\VSF_HD_ENVIRONMENT_ENABLER_JSGME.exe

Unless I missed an undo function, don't think so though.

Anyway, thanks for your enormous contribution, is awesome..., for myself? I'll re-install VSF to get the original files and I'll edit the MODS folder to include a folder "\original VSF"

Much obliged, chuffed to bits,

Ron
Cheers,

Ron
ron

Postby jafergon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi Ron,

If you uninstall any of the versions of the mod using JGSME the original textures will automaticaly be restored. But in order for that to work, you must never install two different versions of the mod without disabling the installed one first, because that would make the backup files to be overwritten. So, if you want to switch from one version of the mod to another one, first you must disable the one that is installed. It is my fault, I should have explained in more detail the procedure to use JGSM. I'll update the documentation later today and include a fifth folder with all the original files just in case.

And thanks so much for all your comments!

Javier
jafergon

Postby ron » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:43 pm

You're a champion, thanks for taking the observation into consideration.. (install MOD, but enable "the original").
My regards to you.
Cheers,

Ron
ron

Postby mauro_baz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:01 pm

spectacular job! :D
mauro_baz

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby jafergon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:16 pm

Thanks!
As for your question Coleco, yes you can try to activate some of these effects, but it requires some experimentation to get the results you like with a reasonable preformance. That's the reason why I didn't activate them.

I have just updated the link. The package now includes the original default VSF texures in case you want to restore them and you have accidentally deleted them.
Javier
jafergon

Postby Ferda » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:19 am

Hi,

it looks very nice,

Thanks 8-) Ferda
Ferda

Postby hjsmuc » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:17 pm

UPDATE: I think I found the reason for this problem: If d3d9.dll is already present in your system (e.g. in the system32 directory) the one which the mod copies into the vsf main folder had to be disabled. Now it looks great.

Javier,

First a big thank you for your valuable contributions to VSF. I haven't tried Mars yet but I am sure it is breathtaking. SW Europe remains my favorite scenery to date, it brought so much more life to the sim.
We will miss your work and hope that you return soon with further projects.

I just downloaded the HD mod and to my surprise VSF crashes upon start no matter which mod I choose. If I return to the default textures it runs normally. Before I start trying to look for the individual file which is the culprit does anybody else have this problem and any idea what the reason might be?

The system specs should allow to run all mods without major problems.

Thanks in advance
Hans
hjsmuc

Next

Return to VSF Releases