Status update on version 8.2 and Scenery and Boats

When a new version of VS:NG is released, it's release notes can be found here.
admin
Site Admin

Status update on version 8.2 and Scenery and Boats

Post by admin »

Hi Everyone,

I am very existed to see all the fantastic work that people have done, many many scenery and boats that I did not see myself, and did not realize how beautiful and detailed they are !

Now we are rapidly closing the bugs and issues found on VS-NG using these boats and scenery, and I wish to explain to anyone seeing a problem what to look for, how to make it work and how to report it to me.

Using VS-NG inside VSF directory

This is possible, I have made the minimal update on my site so that it can be installed directly in C:\Vehicle Simulator
it will work, but situations that VS-NG will save will not work in VSF, only situations saved in VSF will work in VS-NG.

So it is of course better to use each on its own directory, but can be used in the same. ( to save disk space )
also you can copy VSF.exe inside VS_NG directory and use the same key there that you had before.

Scenery Testing

If you are testing a scenery that came from VSF make sure to copy also the common directory from VSF to VS-NG, not just the scenery directory itself.
If you see the maps in dull blue color or in yellowish colors, go inside this scenery directory and delete the file "done.txt", then start VS-NG again and load this scenery, it will then generate again the maps, and the tile_objects.txt.

Boat testing

VS-NG 8.2 fixed some important bugs found about loading boats, if you still had issues, such as wrong positions of dock points, set in the vehicle.cfg the [simple_mesh] = 1 you can do so in edit mode, on boat properties screen.

If you had issues of PNG textures not appearing correctly set inside vehicle.cfg [full_color] = 1, you can do so in edit mode, on boat properties screen.

The speeds in VSF and VSN are not exactly the same, the reason is that in VSN the waves model is different, and now takes into account the impact of waves on bow, so speed will not be the same when sea is totally flat and when sea is choppy or high.

Reporting bugs

I am here to help, and will gladly fix bugs and improve the program, please have good faith, and please email me the details of such bugs, when possible send screen shots and describe the bug in English, and also send me a link to download this boat.

Please always email me of any problem, I go over email rapidly but not over the forum so often.

p.s. I will add VSN to Steam only after a few months, when all the bugs and issues have been completely resolved.

Thanks again, enjoy !

Ilan