Is Ilan OK?

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
kityatyi

Is Ilan OK?

Post by kityatyi »

Just wondering if everything is OK with Ilan? Did anyone hear about him recently?
ekeimaja

Re: Is Ilan OK?

Post by ekeimaja »

I am sure he is.But we must remember that VS(F) is Ilan's freetime project, so he has not always time, interest or energy for it. If you want VS to have updates and new features more frequently, we need more paying users. Nothing is free. So everyone who wish to help the development of VS, you can for example advertise VS online ;)
VS sailor since 2008
kityatyi

Post by kityatyi »

I sent him an email last night, and he responded in the morning. He is fine, many things have been keeping him busy but he is doing well. :-)

Something else. I can see you are Suomalainen. Mina olen Unkarilainen ja mina rakastan Suomi. Do you know about any Finnish content, especially scenery (ports), for the simulator? A dude under the nickname RoRo Finland produced quite nice scenery for some Finnish and Swedish ports but the stuff has not been updated for a long time. I am aware of most older content, I am wondering if there is anything new, anything "secret" only Finnish users can find? A cool, detailed Helsinki (and Tallinn) for example.

Kiitoksia paljon! ;-)
Ari-Visser_Lover

Post by Ari-Visser_Lover »

I emailed Ilan for ask some questions 2-3 days ago and still haven't had a response. :(
ekeimaja

Post by ekeimaja »

kityatyi wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:28 pm Do you know about any Finnish content, especially scenery (ports), for the simulator? A dude under the nickname RoRo Finland produced quite nice scenery for some Finnish and Swedish ports but the stuff has not been updated for a long time. I am aware of most older content, I am wondering if there is anything new, anything "secret" only Finnish users can find? A cool, detailed Helsinki (and Tallinn) for example.
I created the passages for Turku-Mariehamn-Stockholm route two years ago (all buoys, lights etc) but now after navionics closed their open chart API, the things went difficult. I have not been doing VS stuff now lately.

The current Helsinki area scenery is bad, islands are in wrong positions and there is non-existent islands too. Sadly there is not good digital elevation models available, Dany (silja) found one promising version, but he started editing it quite heavily and then he forgot where he found the original.
VS sailor since 2008
axevon

Post by axevon »

Hmm, I wonder if it is possible to buy them (cheap) from "Lantmäteriet" I am quite sure my friend did to our scenery a while back. Not sure it is possible for Finland, but Sweden should be possible.
kityatyi

Post by kityatyi »

ekeimaja wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:44 am
kityatyi wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:28 pm Do you know about any Finnish content, especially scenery (ports), for the simulator? A dude under the nickname RoRo Finland produced quite nice scenery for some Finnish and Swedish ports but the stuff has not been updated for a long time. I am aware of most older content, I am wondering if there is anything new, anything "secret" only Finnish users can find? A cool, detailed Helsinki (and Tallinn) for example.
I created the passages for Turku-Mariehamn-Stockholm route two years ago (all buoys, lights etc) but now after navionics closed their open chart API, the things went difficult. I have not been doing VS stuff now lately.

The current Helsinki area scenery is bad, islands are in wrong positions and there is non-existent islands too. Sadly there is not good digital elevation models available, Dany (silja) found one promising version, but he started editing it quite heavily and then he forgot where he found the original.
It is a shame, it would be awesome to have all that good stuff in the sim.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi All,

Thank you for caring, It has been a hectic year so far, but I am totally fine :)
You can watch some of my videos on YouTube to know some of my endeavors this year.
Also of some misfortune that happened to a close friend. :(

As before, I sometimes pause to re think my past and future, never the less the show goes on.

Thanks for sticking by ;)

Ilan
RobNeath

Post by RobNeath »

Great to see your still around Ilan :)

And thank you for the continuing updates for VSNG too :)

Happy Sailing.
VSF/VSNG Ship and Scenery Creator
Downloads can be found via: https://robsvsfaddons.weebly.com/

From the Caribbean to Norway, to small UK ferries to the largest cruise liners in the world.